Life on the Vine

Learning from Jesus to live my life as he would live my life if he were I - Dallas Willard

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Engaged!!



The secret's out - I'm engaged! Last Saturday (my birthday) Derek took me to an amazing dinner at the Gandy Dancer. We got dressed up and he had made reservations. Once we got there the waitstaff took us to this little, cozy alcove where there were a dozen red roses. I was shocked! Derek had already given me my birthday present, so I wasn't expecting anything else.

During dinner I asked him, 'Do you have anything else planned?'. I suggested we walk around downtown, or go gaze at the stars. But I could tell he had another surprise, and I had no idea what it was. I also said, 'This has been the best birthday ever. Do you realize what you've done - there's no way that you'll be able to come even close to matching this next year!'


After dinner we decided to get dessert. Derek was pushing me to choose cheesecake (normally my favorite) or Key Lime Pie, but finally we decided on chocolate cake. When the waiter brought it out, there was a ring on top! I was stunned. Derek asked me to marry him and I said YES!


Then we called family and headed to my parent's house. It was a fun celebration. Whew - what a week. It's been great to talk to all of my good friends and share such good news with them. I've been overwhelmed by God's goodness. Derek is such an amazing man - someone who loves God, loves me, and really wants to spend the rest of his life with me.


Derek and I are excited. The question everyone asks is 'When's the wedding?' We don't know [yet], but have decided that it won't be this summer, or in September. So the earliest will be mid-October. And I don't expect him to top this birthday next year!


5 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

Can't wait to meet him!

3:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, Carole!

9:12 PM  
Blogger Haller4307 said...

thanks for posting the story :)

10:03 AM  
Blogger Walter White said...

Yeah. That was a pretty good night. :)

11:53 PM  
Blogger acoplen said...

Awesome picture with the roses. You look beautiful!

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home